The tax code is complex and difficult to navigate. To make matters worse, the tax code and your life can change every year impacting how much you pay. Missing deductions and/or credits can be very costly, and making simple mistakes could lead to an IRS inquiry or even an audit. I specialize in income tax preparation for individuals and small businesses (form 1040 Individual Income Tax, form 1120S S Corporation, and form 1065 Partnership). Whether you do consulting as a side job, own rental properties, or run a million dollar company, I can help you minimize your tax burden and maximize your refund.
Why should you hire a professional tax preparer for your income tax preparation? Do not take my word for it, according to the CPA Practice Advisor, here are ten very good reasons to hire a CPAs:
10. Professional income tax preparation takes the hassle out of doing it yourself.
9. You don’t have to keep up with the many tax law changes or understand complicated tax law.
8. Making mistakes can be very costly.
7. Your time is worth money – add up the hours you would spend doing it yourself and calculate what that’s worth.
6. A tax program in a box cannot represent you in an audit.
5. A tax professional can answer your questions to help you make smarter tax-saving decisions.
4. A tax professional can help you plan all year and for future years.
3. A tax professional can recommend ways to save on taxes
2. It gives you peace of mind knowing that a professional is taking care of it.
And the number-one reason you should hire a tax preparer is:
1. It can save you money – if your tax preparer finds even one significant deduction or tax credit you may have missed, it can easily exceed the average $246 fee it costs to have a professional prepare your income tax return.
Keep in mind when you hire someone to do your income tax preparation, good organization is key to having your return done in a timely manner, correctly, and optimized for your particular situation.